Friday, September 15, 2006

Here we go...

I've decided to start keeping a poker blog so I can track my progress and look back to see if and how I'm getting better.

I play on Party. I started with a bonus from partyfifty, then built a roll playing nine to twelve tables of .05/.1 NL at the beginners tables. My time on the beginners tables expired, so I've been toying with 10+1 SNGs and 6-max 25 NL. I'm currently down about $100 at 25 NL and up about $75 on SNGs. I'm slightly above even playing HU SNGs.

In the last two days, I've played eleven SNGs. I've moneyed six: two wins, one second, three thirds. One of those thirds includes when my wireless died halfway through and I inexplicably blinded into the money with around 2000 in chips. Total winnings: $190. Investment: $121. Profit: $69. ROI: 57%. ITM: 54%.

I'm pretty happy with how I played today; in the one I won today the only thing I was really kicking myself over was not coming over the top when the SB pushed to my BB and I had him outchipped 10:1. (I had 73 and just clicked check/fold before I saw everyone folded to him) I just finished one in third, but I was happy; I lost two races where I was 2:1 preflop, then I lost most of my stack to JJ with TT and eventually lost a race with A5 against K7.

As for the ones I lost...one involved my AA getting cracked by a flopped flush, but the other I got more desperate than I needed to. I was shortstacked, had A9 and raised 3x. One caller, a guy who tended to call down with almost anything. The flop came Q74 and I thought for a while. I was pretty sure the flop missed the other guy. I had 1420 chips at 100/200, so I could either bet about 400 and see what happened, check/fold, or push. I decided that if I were to bet at the flop, I'd probably end up all in at some point, so I elected to push. He called with Q9. In retrospect, I'm not sure if I should wait for a better spot or if that's where I should make my stand.

I'm probably going to end up playing mostly SNGs for the foreseeable future. My notes on the 25 NL sessions point to some holes I have (I have a tendency to be a little too aggressive) but I think most of it's variance; I went down a buyin with KK against a flopped straight, KK vs TT, runner runner straight, three outers, etc. I don't want this to be a bad beat blog, so I'm trying not to bitch, but I really felt like I was playing fine, so I'll probably mix some ring games into my SNGs.

I also enjoy HU SNGs, but I'm not really sure how to play them, so I'm putting them on the back burner.

I need to get PT and PAHUD. Note to self: get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home