Saturday, October 28, 2006

Read Ace on the River over the last couple days. Go read it now. 100% not kidding. Go out, buy it, and read it. It's phenomenal.

I also finally got around to seeing Rounders, which was entertaining. I wonder if I would've gone broke with nines full.

I'm also running red hot at 25 NL with some quite positive variance, which is nice. I'm going to clear the $50 deposit bonus soon, and I'm not sure what to do with it. Counting it as winnings towards the roll for 50 NL seems like cheating, but I feel quite insured against a rainy day. Perhaps I'll use it to take a shot at 50.

This post was mostly written because of Ace on the River. Read it. It's a thousand FPP at Stars, so if you're vacillating about the cost, go get it.

On that note, I read somewhat compulsively, especially about my hobbies. Since poker is what I'm very focused on currently, anyone have recommendations for a NL player who's read WLLH, ToP, Harrington I&II, Ace on the River, and Caro's Book of Tells?

I'm thinking Sklansky's NL book. (And yeah, I need to reread ToP again.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home