Monday, October 30, 2006

And the other shoe drops

I'm not superstitious, but after the weekend I knew I was running hot (12.2bb/100 over 2200 hands) and waiting for the inevitable downswing.

Rammed into that tonight. Highlights include Kings against trips, eights vs nines as overpair, flopped straight getting outturned, etc. I managed to not go broke in the first two cases, but I was distracted on other tables with the straight and thought he could only split or beat me with T5, plus I was redrawing to a boat. Turns out no; I'm an idiot and T9 will do nicely on 46787 board.

I hate throwing away pots like that. Getting outplayed is one thing, but that was just stupid, and there isn't really any excuse.

Sigh.

Probably random posts about hands so on until I hit 10k hands at NL 25, wherein there'll be a stat post. What's considered a good/acceptable bb/100 in general? What about at microstakes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home