Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bet->threebet

So I've begun another round of ten thousand hands. Periodic updates on that will follow.

I came in third in the Ptips POY NLHE event, blowing a 23k to 2k and 1k lead after staphros had AA and AQ to my ATC open pushes, which was highly unfortunate. After that I was crippled when molinero picked off one of my steals with 99, got short, and went out with my A7 against her A4. Sad, but not much to be done. Sadly, I will miss the 6-max event due to travel but I'll show up for the ME.

5cd has come to Stars. I used to play a bit on Paradise and OnGame, but I havn't been hitting up the tables. I want to work on my NLHE, and 5cd isn't terribly interesting to play. That's probably a -ev approach to take, but it's not what I'm focusing on at the moment.

I've been running into situations where my c-bet gets raised that I'm unsure how to handle. If I legitimately think they have something, I'll fold then, but I've been taking two approaches when I want to continue with the hand, presumably with TP at least, but sometimes with MPTK. I either smooth call and bet the flop, or I threebet the flop for information. They're roughly the same cost, but I think the third bet looks stronger. I could also call and check-call or check-raise or smooth call the turn, but I'm not sure; to me that would be representing a monster, (especially the smooth call) but I think a lot of people at this level aren't that sophisticated and wouldn't pick up on that.

Sometimes these people are fairly ABC players who have noticed I am c-betting more or less every flop and are raising to avoid getting trampled. The third bet either puts the fear of God into them or makes them shove with A or K high, and both of those are typically good things. Usually, though, if someone calls that third bet, they have TP beat. I occasionally run into people who do not, but it's quite rare and they're usually beating middle pair with something like QQ on an A high flop or whatnot. Disregarding the information that third bet has cost me has been super negative ev for me. Don't make my mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home