Friday, November 03, 2006

I wasn't terribly eager about poker after that last beating, but a micro party with fellow ptippers on a 2 NL table at Stars was awesome, even though I was basically throwing dollar bills around. I actually think they'd be great fun and fairly valuble if they were taken seriously, though; 1c/2c blinds with $5 buyins is very deep stacked, and that's experience I need. It's also a good way to take a lesson (read: beating) from people better than I am on the cheap, which I'm all about. Awesome chat and times; we should do it again.

Also, minraising back and forth with BananasUnite about fifteen times on the flop with 6 high was awesome, especially when he finally folded. He was outkicked. :rawr:

Been battling back and that's going well; ended tonight at $73, up from like $15 from a couple days ago. Had it back at $100, but I've discovered my biggest leak: large pots. I'm pretty good at dodging traps, but sometimes I don't listen to the little voice and sometimes I get blindsided by someone calling a raise with 34. Trips, sets, and overpairs are the biggest problem. I need to learn to lay down TPTK to significant pressure. I also need to learn how to use pot control in these situations.

My smallball is pretty good. I'm trying to find the sweet spot between "profitable stealing" and "maniacal aggression" although c-bets seem to have a lot of respect at this level. I'm still working on dealing with people playing back at me, and while I think it's possible I'm being too conservative with that, I don't want to get out of control.

Minraises scare the hell out of me, particularly check-minraises. I'm fairly sure they're generally representative of a good hand, so I tend to pack to them, but I don't think that's right.

Someone performed a masterful delayed checkraise on me earlier tonight, and I realized I need to start incorporating that into my game.

I was happy earlier about getting AI on the flop with an overpair against a flush draw that drew out on me because I thought I had all the money in ahead. Then I said some bad words, because I realized that 55 on 443 board means that the flush draw probably has overs and is thus actually ahead. Donk.

This made me smile again:

POKERSTARS GAME #6885725053: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/11/04 - 00:12:09 (ET)
Table 'Italia IV' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: withnosoul ($31.75 in chips)
Seat 2: mjoo82 ($46.65 in chips)
Seat 3: WolfOnTheFol ($28.95 in chips)
Seat 4: supwitdat ($48.35 in chips)
Seat 5: jhk0428 ($19.60 in chips)
Seat 6: chafro ($24.60 in chips)
withnosoul: posts small blind $0.10
mjoo82: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to WolfOnTheFol [Kd Qd]
WolfOnTheFol: raises $0.75 to $1
supwitdat: folds
jhk0428: folds
chafro: calls $1
withnosoul: calls $0.90
mjoo82: folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 8d 4d]
withnosoul: checks
WolfOnTheFol: bets $2
chafro: raises $2 to $4
withnosoul: folds
WolfOnTheFol: calls $2
*** TURN *** [3d 8d 4d] [2h]
WolfOnTheFol: checks
chafro: bets $19.60 and is all-in
WolfOnTheFol: calls $19.60
*** RIVER *** [3d 8d 4d 2h] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
WolfOnTheFol: shows [Kd Qd] (a flush, King high)
chafro: mucks hand
WolfOnTheFol collected $48 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $50.45 | Rake $2.45
Board [3d 8d 4d 2h 9c]
Seat 1: withnosoul (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: mjoo82 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: WolfOnTheFol showed [Kd Qd] and won ($48) with a flush, King high
Seat 4: supwitdat folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: jhk0428 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: chafro (button) mucked [Qc 9d]


As did this:

POKERSTARS GAME #6855952651: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/11/01 - 18:06:40 (ET)
Table 'Proteus II' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: WolfOnTheFol ($48.20 in chips)
Seat 2: BuckMinster7 ($36.05 in chips)
Seat 3: moneyjohn1 ($46.65 in chips)
Seat 4: Jay13-11 ($17.75 in chips)
Seat 5: metalwraith ($2.65 in chips)
Seat 6: innersinner ($24.40 in chips)
moneyjohn1: posts small blind $0.10
Jay13-11: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to WolfOnTheFol [Qd Kd]
metalwraith: calls $0.25
innersinner: folds
WolfOnTheFol: raises $0.75 to $1
BuckMinster7: calls $1
moneyjohn1: folds
Jay13-11: folds
metalwraith: raises $1.65 to $2.65 and is all-in
WolfOnTheFol: calls $1.65
BuckMinster7: calls $1.65
*** FLOP *** [3h 4d Ad]
WolfOnTheFol: bets $5
BuckMinster7: calls $5
*** TURN *** [3h 4d Ad] [9d]
WolfOnTheFol: bets $12
BuckMinster7: calls $12
*** RIVER *** [3h 4d Ad 9d] [6h]
WolfOnTheFol: bets $20
BuckMinster7: calls $16.40 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
WolfOnTheFol: shows [Qd Kd] (a flush, Ace high)
BuckMinster7: mucks hand
WolfOnTheFol collected $64.20 from side pot
metalwraith: mucks hand
WolfOnTheFol collected $7.90 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $75.10 Main pot $7.90. Side pot $64.20. | Rake $3
Board [3h 4d Ad 9d 6h]
Seat 1: WolfOnTheFol showed [Qd Kd] and won ($72.10) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: BuckMinster7 (button) mucked [Jd Ah]
Seat 3: moneyjohn1 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Jay13-11 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: metalwraith mucked [8s 8h]
Seat 6: innersinner folded before Flop (didn't bet)


And yes, the above hand did give me shivers, because I can see me calling down with that. (Well, not really; I'd fold the turn or at least the river, and I'd raise the flop. But the idea is there.)

Getting better on extracting with my monsters, although not really sure what the best method is. I've been betting around half to two thirds depending on the board and working from there, and for some reason people keep calling the smaller bets, even though I almost always c-bet for at least two thirds.

On that note, I c-bet a lot, and I wonder if that's a leak as well. The thing is...people keep folding.

I guess a lot of my posts tend to end up as stream of consciousness. Just an observation.

Current goal: Stop donking off your entire stack with top pair. Idiot. You're not the only one making money from people who can't find the "fold" button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home