Tuesday, November 07, 2006

*blink*

Awesome. I managed to lose a little over three buyins in a little under ten minutes. There were some bloodbaths involving my TPTK to someone's set, which is furthering my suspicion that I'm too eager to go broke with TP. (Somewhat; this happened twice with short stacks, so my third bet put them in.) Then I skillfully flopped a set on a TJQ board to villain's AK, and I'm pretty sure I go broke on that flop every single time. Lastly, I took some lickings raising AQ and flopping a flush draw. I think betting 2/3 with overs and a flush draw is quite justifiable, but still irritating when you miss.

So that was that; hit a stop loss for the night.

Currently down $30 over 5800 hands. I still think this is a fairly normal downswing, but I think I'm going to be more cautious making it three bets with top pair. The problem, of course, is that the more competent players will raise a continuation bet with TPGK, a draw, or if they feel the opponent missed. I think it's possible I'm seeing ghosts because of recent events, but I'm not entirely sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home