Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Never made it as a wise man

Progress or lack thereof and whatnot: Made a solid laydown with aces (still costing me 2/3 or so of my stack), which was awesome, then rammed bottom two into a flopped straight, then the second nut straight into the nut straight, stacked some people, gave it back, ended down about $60.

It's hard to make a solid decision when your gut is like "he has the nuts" and your brain is like "you're getting 2:1 and he could have TP or a draw." I ended up paying off 79 on a 68245 with 76 because I felt he could have a three, 76, a missed flush draw, a set, or two pair. Calling down and raising the river could be any of those, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought he had 79 but I had to call because of his range and my odds.

Again with JT against AQ on KJT two suited after I b/3b and he pushed. I'm not sure why I keep playing hands that aren't sets or 14+ outs on the flop after the third bet, because everything worse than that is usually beat.

I think ultimately both were mistakes, because in the first hand another player had raised, so a three wasn't a likely holding, and he was basically a calling station who wasn't doing much raising, and in the second, he either has KQ, which I'm technically behind, AK, KJ, a set, the made straight, or a flush draw, and I'm behind most of that range.

Dammit, I need to think more. For the near future I have decided to simply stop calling when I strongly feel I'm beat. My subconscious' track record is pretty good, and my brain and it's damn "mathematics" can just go to hell for the time being.

At least I was getting my value bet on.

I kept feeling my concentration lapsing during the last half hour or so of my last session. I was down a couple buyins and mostly sticking around because my favorite maniac was loaded, but I kept just playing robotically and not thinking as much, which led to not stealing as much. I'm not sure if I was just out of it because of some beats, or what, but I just wasn't really interested in the game.

I quit, about twenty minutes too late. I didn't really spew any chips for that period of time, but I didn't pick up enough blinds and I wasn't aggressive enough that chips that should've been sliding to my stack weren't. The money you don't win is just as valuble as money you throw away, so why was I staying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home