Monday, November 20, 2006

Hm, tilt?

Weirdness ensued after I dropped a buyin on a bluff. I had AT in the button. UTG+1 calls, Cutoff raises it to $1, and he's been doing that a lot lately, so I call figuring to float and steal the turn UTG+1 calls.. Flop comes 632 rainbow, and he overbets the pot. I smooth call and wait to see what UTG+1 does. He folds. Cutoff bets 1/3 the pot on the blank turn, and I make it $13 to go into a $30 pot. He thinks forever and calls. River blanks and he checks. I push, figuring I'm representing a set or an overpair, and he eventually calls with jacks.

I think that up to the turn it's ultimately a high variance +ev play and I'm mostly upset that I didn't have the stones to pull the trigger harder and make it a little less than the pot to go. I actually thought he had ace high and would back off, and I'm still not sure if I just decided to burn money on the river or if he folds there.

The weird thing about it was how weirdly passive I became on all my other tables. After a couple orbits, I wasn't doing anything except playing my cards, which is awful because I abuse position like, well, something that abuses things a lot. I took a break to write this and walk around and I'm feeling my normal self again, but that was weird. I dunno if it's even normal to take bluffs to the felt or what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home