Friday, December 15, 2006

Moving Day

I've moved over to Doyle's Room for eventual play of 50 NL. Since they have a 200 BB max buyin, though, I'm playing .1/.2 NL to get used to having multiple deep stacks around over the weekend while I acclimate to the software and whatnot.

I hate their software; the tables aren't resizable and are gigantic. Chat is in a separate window, which is fine except that when you close them so you can see you don't see the dealer's warning that your time to act is dwindling from the massive twenty seconds each player gets to act. I've already folded a hand unwittingly because of that. I wasn't too upset (the hand is below and I think it warrants a fold) but if I had the nuts and couldn't size my raise fast enough and was mucked, there would be righteous hell to pay. The other wierd thing is that when you raise $5, you call the bet you're facing and put $5 on top of it, which takes some getting used to from Stars/Party.

The actual mechanics of the game is fine; they have pretty quick action and stuff. I would kill a man* for a timebank and resizable tables, but I can live without them. I'm not sure if you can access HH's live to see what people much at showdown, and PAHUD doesn't display it, but it seems to be in Pokertracker, so I might just be missing something.

Actual gameplay seems to be quite fishy. I had aces on my first hand. UTG limps, UTG+1 raises 6x to $1, MP calls, I reraise to $4 from the BB (too lightly, actually) and UTG and UTG+1 fold. Flop is Qh 9s 4s. MP only has $7 back, so any c-bet commits him. I put him in, he calls. I'm like, great, he has a set. He turns over A2. I'll take it...

Someone else open pushed 44 UTG with about 20 BBs or so. Cracked my kings, but yeah.

Shortstacks aren't predominant, but it's not uncommon for one or more people to have 50 BBs or less, which is irritating. 25-200 range for buyin is frowns, but there's at least one other deepstack around.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?673568

Is. I'm not actually sure if raising the turn is the best way to get it all in, but he was pretty clearly screaming QQ+ (I guess maybe nines, too, but he'll help get it in if he has middle set) and the board was already paired, straightening, and had two flushes out there. He's not going to buy that I have a seven, so he's not folding in fear of that. I think it's fairly transparent that I have 99 or JJ, but I dunno. It may be more +ev to flat call and have one of us push the river; he can concievably get away from the turn, but if he blocks the river he probably still has to call me coming over the top.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?673577

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out or remember why I checked the flop. I assume it involved timing. I definitely should bet there, although stacks are way too deep to threebet all in if he raises. I think I b/3b heavy representing a semibluff with a draw (or a scared overpair I guess) and hope he shoves. I think c/r flop, bet turn, bet river is a neon sign that I have a monster, but I guess he liked his hand anyway. I can only assume something like 87, a set, or maybe T9, but I dunno.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?673588

The plan was to check-raise the flop more or less on a steal, although I think JT is certainly ahead a lot here. I think I c/f if the turn is an overcard, b/f if it isn't, but after turning two pair, I think c/c the turn, bet river is going to get at least one, maybe two extra bets, especially if the river bricks and they think I'm bluffing a busted flush, but I was hoping overpair or TPTK and setting up for a river shove.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?673595

This one was harder. On Stars, I never saw people b/3b with sets. c/c flop was popular, but b/c was the most standard line. This one was wierd; UTG open limps, calls a raise, threebets the flop. I couldn't decide if it was for value or 9x Xx, and if it was for value, how often it was QJ+ as opposed to a set. Limp-call leans towards pocket pair, sure, but case tens or jacks aren't too likely, leaving eights vs the draw/TPTK range. I think a shove is a little overboard, but I'm not going to be happy to see A, K, Q, 9, or 7 hit the turn. OTOH, folding top two to a reraise can't possibly be right. J9, T9, too, are pretty up there.

I'm still not quite sure about the best course of action on this hand. I guess I could flat call and bet/fold the turn, but that is pretty much what drawing hands and TPTKesque stuff wants me to do. Being objective, I think my pushes are only called by sets, paired nines, maybe AJ. Clearly I'm behind to that range. I guess since I'm looking to fade about twenty cards or so I should look to fold, but only the range has twenty outs; individual hands have ten or so. I don't think call, bet/fold turn is right, but it's the least wrong line I can come up with.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?673606

This is the one I was folded on time, but I was heading there anyway. I'm not particularly afraid of a straight, but I'm pretty sure that's an overplayed set.

Anyway, I'm still making some adjustments to deepstacked poker. I don't even know how I'd go about stacking someone if we both bought in for 200 and doubled. Like, even if it was something insane like quads over nut boat, I would think we'd both be so concerned about the other folding someone might not get stacked. There'd probably be a very bloody raising war on the river though, so I assume someone would go to the felt.

Anyway. More deepstacked 20 NL through the weekend and maybe Monday depending on other stuff, but there will be a move to 50 early next week. Stay tuned and whatnot.

*no, really, I'd do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home