Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This has ceased to amuse me

My smallball is really awesome. Like, really. I've gotten pretty good at bullying a table (and probably more important, when to back off) and I've gotten quite excellent at taking away people's toys. I'm a lot more positionally aware than my opponents are, and that's making me money. I'm second (even third) barreling with a fair amount of precision, and I'm avoiding getting all the money in behind.

I'm still apparently incapable of winning big pots though; I got all in with AA against Q6 on QT5 and he hit, then KQ against 45 on KQ45 and he hit. So I'm actually down in a session I feel I played quite well. So it goes.

It's slightly dangerous that I've noticed most of my big hands earn a fold after the second or third barrel, because I'm liable to start abusing that.

I'm making more moves on the turn and river now; people are fairly aggressive (or passive, but still calling) on the flop but they're a lot more hesitant to do it on the turn or river.

(plus draws like to stab at the river once they've missed completely, which is usually good for an extra bet.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home