Saturday, December 09, 2006

Rawr, and, uh, whatnot

There's been little activity recently due to stress involving finals. I took calc today, and the other two (drama, western civ) will be quite easy, so there'll probably be quite a bit of playing over the next few weeks I have off.

+4 buyins tonight, which is cool except for I dropped two over the last couple days (JT on QJT to QT, which was actually a mistake because I think a combo draw is most of his range when he bets out and shoves to a raise. I can't remember the other one, but I assume I probably did something stupid.)

I feel I've been playing quite well. Moves on the turn and river are a lot more frightening and likely to succeed than flop action.

Some hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660629

Yep, I raised 32. I was on the cutoff and hadn't played a hand in a while. The donkbet on the flop looked like he was trying to resteal, so I called planning on raising the turn. I hit about the best card possible for me, and pop him back. He thinks forever and minreraises. At this point his only concievable holding beating me is KT, so I crush him, but I'm not sure how I play if that three is something like a five. I was pretty sure he had air on the flop, but the turn reraise made me figure him for at least a king or a strong ten, so I think I fold but I'm not sure.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660638

This was awkward. I normally don't bet the turn with air if my flop raise is called, but I'm basically screaming AK or AJ, and I thought there was a good chance I'd take it down. I think I should've bet more like $12 though. Fortunate river, etc.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660641

His play wasn't making sense. If he check-raises the flop for a relatively tiny amount and then bets the turn, I'm going to fold unless I have a strong hand, so he's not getting action on anything good. I think he was semibluffing a heart draw and I told him to go to hell.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660645

I should've raised probably to $3.50 on the turn, but here nor there. His min-reraise combined with the minraise preflop made me leery of AA/KK/AK, but he could have a smaller pocket pair or worse ace. AT, A9, are other possible holdings, but from the small blind he could have any ace, any king, etc. Hard to say.

Of course, later in the session I saw he was raising 3x with his nonpremium hands, so in hindsight I think I lean towards a fold, it's hard to not be results-oriented.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660652

Again, this didn't make any sense; he was clubbing me with aggression on a flop he can't possibly have gotten a piece of without a set. TT- have to be freaked out about overcards killing their action or killing them, though, and an ace might be shoving a wheel draw.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660655

Again, what the hell? His minraise feels like either some sort of weird float or possible draw, so I repop and am a bit too gentle about it. Then he pushes. Huh? That doesn't make much sense for a set; I dig playing them fast but not THAT fast, and I don't think he has KK/AA because he raised 3x. I'm thinking heart draw, KQ, A8, possible set here.

People playing in a manner inconsistant with their logical holdings are vulnerable. I'm learning to exploit that, and it's lucrative. Even more so, I'm trying to make sure my bluffs fit a pretty standard line for TPTK, a set, etc. (I also try to keep my lines similar to each other, which isn't terribly hard when the default is raise preflop, bet the flop, then start the variation. Heh. I've been doing the call thing with position, though, and that can get pretty fancy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home