Wednesday, December 20, 2006

:(

-3

sad.

Things went decently well today, but I stacked off three times anyway.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?683922

This was unfortunate, but I think it's basically standard; I raise on the flop because most of the time donk bets are just that and they fold. Besides, I have something like 21 outs if he paired the board. When he shoved things were a little more interesting, and I doubted my overs were outs, but I had twelve outs to the nuts for 45% equity and was being asked for 38%. High variance marginal +ev situation; I hate people who whine and fold faced with these and I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy, so I call. Shrug. (It's possible he flopped a straight which leaves one less jack for broadway, but I still have equity with eleven outs and it's also possible he has AQ or something similar and I have ~15 outs as well.) I'm not sure how to calculate the ev for situations where he has a set and thus redraws, though. I ran some simulators and I'm 33% against 88, which is sad, but on the other hand he probably raises TT or QQ, so a set is a smaller part of his range.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?683944

This hand is mediocre; I called his flop raise because I thought calling and betting the turn would yield a fold often enough, but then I turned the flush draw and check/called. I think betting might be a better line there, but it's hard to say; if he continues to fire middle pair or Jx I have more outs to crush him. I thought I had him smashed on the river and checked to invite a bet, then called, and whoops. It's hard to get away from after the turn, and on the river he damn sure could have J9+, or even a six, or AQ etc.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?683962

This is almost a total spew, but the guy was fairly aggressive and I thought he was semibluffing a four or a small overpair. I was repping an overpair, and mistook his value bet on the river for a blocking bet and totally wrecked myself. I just way outthought myself and hung for it. Embarassing.

:/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home