Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Running red hot continues; a 30BB/100 rate for a thousand hands is quite the nice upswing. I'm definitely catching cards (99+ seven or more times, twice standard distribution rate) and doing some sucking out, but I havn't put a ton of money in behind and I'm getting paid off nicely. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, but making out like a bandit meanwhile.

I try to make these in order, but I forgot to open up notepad and write down hands to look up in PT later, so y'all are out of luck and I'm just looking at big pots won/lost. I have some hands I'm quite proud of that involve me c/c'ing the river with ace high and mauling some bluffs, but I can't seem to find them. In the interim:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?681980

Standard. Dunno if I go broke in a reverse situation; I probably do since I make it $25 to go at least on the turn and I'm damn sure not folding the river for those odds. Of course, I don't limp/call K6 UTG, either.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?681989

Heh on me? I raise, he's been pretty aggressive, so I call his threebet and bet the flop; I find that folds out a lot of junk. Well, he's clearly not folding top set, but he wants to trap for more money and instead I make runner runner gutshot for his stack. I think he should've bet the turn rather than let me draw to a flush for free, but hindsight is 20/20 and such.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?681991

I thought my hand was pretty much face up as a draw, although I suppose I'm repping clubs and not the OESD. I allllllllllllmost flat called to see if the other guy would overcall, but he needs something like aces up to call there, so I decided to take the first raiser for a ride. I think a raise to $15 is more +ev, though.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?681993

This is actually really marginal preflop; I was pretty sure he had an overpair and he didn't quite have the stack to fill the implied odds. But, there was some dead money and I was utterly positive a set was good for his stack. I think c/c c/r may not be the best line because of how scary it looks, but I'm essentially minraising that turn, and c/c c/c bet river is basically the same. I didn't want to bet/threebet the flop because I was afraid he'd put me on aces. I could've bet/raised the turn; that might be better.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?682001

Man, I 100% fell for this one. I was pretty sure he had an ace with a mediumish kicker and was playing it scared. My bet on the river was supposed to look scared and induce a raise from AT et. al. and instead he crushed me with middle set. I think his line was awesome because of what it's representing, but I dunno if it's the most +ev if he tries to start playing for stacks on the turn. Hard to say how Ax plays if he c/c's and bets the turn; I think I would've raised and done a lot of glaring if he came over the top or pushed the river, and dunno if I'd stack off or not. I'd like to think I wouldn't (what am I beating that does this? slow AQ?) but it's hard to say.


Sleep, etc. More play, updates, over the next few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shads said...

Hey,

Nice hands, although I think you should have bet a bit more and folded to a raise on the river for the last hand. As played I still fold anyway since most likely he has a set or a higher two pair - AJ seems very possible. People at 50nl aren't capable of calling on two streets then bluffing the river, if he is a calling station who is playing Ax then they wouldn't raise the river anyway because because by definition they don't raise - they just call unless they have a monster. Hope you keep running well!

Shads

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home