Thursday, December 21, 2006

I feel fortunate

I'm only down $165 today over two sessions. Yep, "only." Some coolers, got sucked out on for 200 BBs (yeah that was fun) and I think I misplayed the biggest pot I won anyway. Some hands follow. I'm not overly upset with anything I did except missing some value on the last hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?686267

"Rat bastard." I think PF is fine; we're super deep. My flop raise was actually too small, but when he pushed I figured that he'd raise JJ+ preflop for damn sure and maybe a bit lower. It's very hard to credit him for 88 or 99 because he'd need both, and 66 is a bit of a loose raise. I thought he had an overpair and was right. Frowns at results.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?685339

Pretty standard; there's some argument for not c-betting that many people, but I have a reasonable chance to improve to what's probably the best hand. Check the turn because something feels off, call the river. Lost about the minimum.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?686244

Heh, after he called the turn I said out loud "Man, I hope he doesn't push the river...fuck." The problem is that quite aside from heart draws, he could be betting A8+ or so for value. He probably doesn't threebet quite that loose, but the small threebet could be a smaller ace or pocket pair. I think I see worse aces there a lot more often than AK.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?686260

I do not, as a rule, open limp. I made an exception here because I wanted the BB to come along, wanted a multiway pot, and even if I limp/call a raise, that's more indicative of a lowish pair anyway. Not really much I can do flush over flush. I think I have the overflush a fair amount of the time there anyway, not to mention him having QT instead.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?686299

I think I actually screwed up in a couple places here, but I'm not sure. That minraise on the flop could be a ten, a set, AJ, worse two pair, AT, etc. I think the threebet is fine, but firing again on the turn might be a little extreme. Of course, if I check and he rivers a straight with a ten I look like an idiot, so it's hard to say. After he called on the turn I thought he was a likely candidate for a set or made straight and thought he'd call my push; it was less than a PSB. He might've been just scared enough of a set that he folded though, which is unfortunate because I think there is no way in hell he checks behind me unless he really just has a ten and missed everything, and even then he might push a bluff. So I missed some value there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home