Monday, January 08, 2007

Back in action

I took a bit of a break after my recent downswing. I've gone back to playing pretty ABC TAG. I'm not doing anything particularly fancy, and I'm not even stealing. I'm going back to working on fundamentals and such. Down just over a buyin on the short session, but I'm happy with that because of the following hand:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?725025

Flop was weird as hell. I figured he had an ace, maybe a diamond draw, but I kinda doubt he UTG limped suited connectors and proceeded to call a raise OOP with them. So AT+, maybe limped AK? I flat call and plan to raise the turn. I'm not sure about my turn raise - I really doubt he has a made flush at this point (Ax and JT I could see, maybe, but Ad and Jd are onboard.) but he could have Ax Qd, and I didn't raise enough to make that make a mistake. River is more or less standard since I figured I was ahead. I mean, okay, nice trap, but I dunno what I'm actually beating here. I was thinking AQ or AK at the time, but AJ fits the flop and turn action. Then there's obv AA and KK, which I discounted because of the limp no reraise. I figured he was overplaying AQ or AK at the time but now I'm actually not sure. It's an obvious cooler to some extent, but I dunno exactly how far. I mean, I don't see where I can get away from this.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?725040

This guy was insane. 54/29 and betting bottom pair no kicker. I thought he had decided to shut down when the ace came because he was on a bluff or bottom pair but vbet anyway. Shrug.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?725042

Flop minraise: hm, sketchy. Spade draw? I have ten (ish; some of my outs are spades but I figure to be ahead of a spade draw currently. Or he could have AJ/AT) outs so I call and re-evaluate. Turn, hm, looks like at least a pair, could be AJ/AT/JT/etc.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?725045

Turn is mediocre but I figure to have strong implied odds. River is slightly greedy and probably -EV; I could just pot it and expect one caller, but I bet 2/3 or so looking to get both to call, which I kinda doubt will happen. An alternative is to checkraise, but I can't see anyone calling one in a threeway pot given turn action.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?725049

I don't know how I feel about checking this turn. I'm going to call most any bet anyway, so I don't think it accomplishes much for pot control. There aren't many free cards that would annoy me other than a Q or T (and maybe a king but probably not.) so that's not a big concern. I just didn't want to fire again because I had no idea what I'd do on the river. I mean, I'm not beating much that will call down three barrels. I could check/call the river, but ew. Plus I would not be happy to call a PSB. His bet looks weak, maybe a draw or low ace. Smaller pots gives me greater confidence on the river, but no luck. Perhaps I should've checked again and let him do something crazy.

so that's that. I am not too unhappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home