Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I am running god awful cold right now. I was actually having a pretty good day despite that by avoiding showdowns, but the following happened:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?710058

Preflop, I'm not going anywhere for $3 and the button. I turn broadway and fire away. I was a little concerned when he shoved, but he'd have to have kings, jacks, or quads for pf to make sense. I think that's a little unlikely on distribution, plus I have insane odds and trips is super eager to get it in. Actually trips might not be so eager because they're beating pretty much only bluffs. Hm. I don't think the average person at 50 NL would realize that, though.

Aside from that, I had kings cracked twice, and just a general poor run of cards. I had two sessions today; one was decent (+2 buyins, lots of small pots, some shenanigans but nothing too outlandish.) and one was breakeven except for the above hand. Basically, I'd make some progress and drop 30-40BBs on a medium cooler or beat and start over. Eh. I mean, I'm happy, because I havn't played any big pots (big defined as 75+BBs) as a dog, and I'm losing fairly small amounts when I'm beat and I think I'm getting better value on my hands, but still, I havn't been having much action on my big hands at all. Frowns and whatnot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home