Monday, January 01, 2007

heh

I'm going to bitch even though I ended up a buyin and a half on my session tonight. I feel like I'm running poorly right now; I have had very few monsters and been involved in very few large pots, and I feel like I'm getting coolered a bit more often than is my due. I sat down and started playing heads up 200BBs deep with a guy. I was being pretty aggressive, and he played back at me a lot. I shifted into TAG looking to smash him the next time he got tricky, and got colddecked forever. The table filled up (fortunately, or I would've been bleeding blinds) and after a while I realized that the guy was a 59/3/.9 calling station who happened to hit a massive heater right when I sat down. Awesome.

Anyway, I think I'm playing well; I'm not spewing chips all over the table (in the sense that I stopped stacking off on damnfool stupidity, and now just make smaller errors usually involving bet sizing or poor river play.) and I think I'm making better value bets. I have NLTAP now, and it's awesome. Highly recommend it.

Oh, I went down to three tables for tonight's session; when I started I was headsup on one table and threehanded on another and didn't want distraction, but my pace of play was fine and I felt less frenetic playing, so I think I may remain at three at Doyle's; the software makes four just a pain in the ass.

Anyway, hands for the last few days. I try to keep them in time order, but, um, lazy, so instead I'm just pulling up some big ones from PT. There are a lot of them. Sorry; they're arranged roughly in order of interest. (I think they all have some merit, but some moreso than others. I do have an entertaining call down with BPNK at the bottom.)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707772

God, I finally make what I think is a great fold and I miss what would've been a 300BB pot. I should've made it at least $15 to go on the flop, probably $18-20, but still, when the guy flat calls, then calls a raise and a reraise, and there's the other guy who raised and called a third bet, I am utterly convinced someone has ten-paint. And then on the turn QJ gets there. I mean, I am screaming a ten, and can't see how anyone would call with a worse kicker. My odds on the river are awesome, but it's an overcall and I still think I'm beaten there more than 4:1.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707786

Heh. I should've bet/folded the turn here, but raising the flop and betting the turn is so obviously strength I kinda just missed it and thought he was getting clever. I'm pretty sure he was not. I had checked with the intention of calling a small value bet from A9, AT or a bluff, but when he shoved I went away with tail tucked firmly between my legs. I think he had a set or AK. Mostly this hand tipped me off to the fact that yes, people call when you raise the flop and lead the turn. I'm so doing that with monsters instead of c/c or c/r or similar foolishness.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707801

Man, QQ calling a fourth bet is pretty loose. I can see it with AK (flipping most of the time with dead money, only seriously screwed against aces, and there are dumb people with Ax) although I think AK is better to call a threebet push with smaller stacks. Both of us were terrified of aces and just checked it down. I'm not sure if betting postflop is right, because I basically can't ever call a raise. I could use that logic to make a raise, but I think villain has AA the vast majority of the time.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707769

Kinda standard; dude was super aggro and I thought threebetting him and betting the flop would make him go away. It didn't, but that was kosher because I flopped a combo draw. Flop is basically standard. Combo draws are much easier to play with ~100BB stacks. Much deeper and the third bet is a significant overbet.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707774

I'm trying to value bet rivers more. I'm beginning to realize that on KQJTx, someone has the ace just about every time.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707782

Villain is the aforementioned calling station. This is prior to my realizing that he's just very passive. Considering I thought he was a LAG trying to float, I think I made out okay here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707793

This hand was weirdness. I dunno what my logic on the flop was but I assume it was stupid; I probably thought I had ten outs. I think he either has spades or AT/AQ/AK on the flop, maybe QQ/KK/AA. When he leads into the turn I'm pretty clearly crushed.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707796

I thought that was a good board to double barrel unless he is drawing to hearts. Kinda unfortunate he flopped middle set; bit difficult to bluff that.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707798

I don't stack off overpairs any more. <3 me. I think this is queens really a lot of the time, or 44/66. It might be kings or AK of spades, but it is quite clear I have TPTK crushed and it is equally clear she doesn't care.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707800

Like I said, trying to value bet the river more these days. I was a bit concerned, but AJ/AQ are unlikely on distribution, and if he has AK he played it really wierd.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707804

I was a little concerned about that queen, but I figured one of them was on a club draw and one of them had TPTK or an overpair, but probably no higher than jacks because QQ+ should threebet preflop. Checking behind on the river because I can basically only win crying calls from A7, and that is clearly behind.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707805

I've been trying to threebet preflop more often, particularly in situations where I am out of position postflop and a 3b/cbet can often take it down. I checked the flop for the free card, figuring it looked super sketchy and trappy. I probably would've gone for the check-raise given the opportunity. Turn and river: yep. Should've bet a little more on the river though - $22-$25.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?707809

check/calling every street with BPNK for value (100% no lies, I was convinced I was ahead) is how I roll. Villain was super aggro, especially in bsb confrontations. I'd floated him a few times (actually preflop is sketch because I had to show down 86o earlier, but that was several orbits ago) and figured to do it again, but I honestly thought he was drawing to six outs on the flop. Looking back on it, I think the T and Q randomly pair a rag in a lot of his holdings (figure he raises any T8+, Q9+ from the button) but as the hand unfolded I had total faith in my deuces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home