Wednesday, January 03, 2007

God owes me so much in EV it's not funny

I'm serious. Like, I'm getting outdrawn all over the place. No really big pots, just lots of little ones. I'm down a buyin and a half today. That includes the following hand:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?712936

Shrug, steal attempt falls ass backwards into the nuts. Is nice. The way my day was going, the cynical part of me was surprised I wasn't outflushed.

I mean, some of this involves me stealing or bluffing in situations that don't work out. Sure. Whenever such chicanery turns south I pull back from it a bit and go back to basics, but like, aces keep flopping all over the place or I go to checkraise and the guy checks behind or whatever. I'm not catching cards, and I'm not getting paid when I do. The biggest pot I played with QQ+ today was $22, and involved a short button open pushing A4 into KK and getting there. Like, the thing about bluffing, stealing, floating, etc, is that I'm pretty sure it's +ev and I'm pretty sure I'm not spewing chips all over the table. I think I'm just not running well. I'm actually breaking a rule of mine and leaving two tables that I think are excellent (maniacs who I have position on = $$$) because I'm not sure I'm playing my best. I think I am and that I'm just card dead, but I'm concerned about seeing monsters that aren't there.

Hopefully I'll go on a massive heater in the next few days and be like "bam, stacking people left and right" and be all happy and whatnot. Right now I'm happy with how little I've lost; I'm pretty sure I'd be down infinite if this had hit a month ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home